Day 23: Lit Review Source Synthesis Revisited + Peer Review Part I
Today's Objectives:
- Continue practicing organizing our lit review content into themes
- Provide peer feedback regarding organization of paper
- Workshop Lit Review revisions
Part I: Review Lit Review Basics [3:30-3:45 (15min)]
Your reader wants to know:
- Why should I read this?
- Where does this paper fit into the conversation?
Three moves to create a research space:
- Move 1: Establish a research territory (explain the topic)
- Move 2: Establish a niche (find the gap/problem)
- Move 3: Occupy the niche (explain your thesis statement)
Part II: Source Synthesis Revisited [3:45-4:05 (20 min)]
Click HERE to access the PowerPoint for today's lecture that revisits the structure and organization of lit reviews with the assistance of a chart.
Part III: Peer Review Part I [4:05-4:25 (20min)]
click HERE to access the document we will be using for our paired peer review today.
Part IV: Workshop Lit Review Revisions [4:25-4:50 (25min)]
For the last part of today's class, I would like to give you time to continue working on refining your literature review. I will circulate the room and provide assistance if you need it.
Homework: The final draft of your Lit Review is due this Thursday, November 15th via dropbox
No comments:
Post a Comment